Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Chinese are very competitive


When the Rockets lost to the Trailblazers Tuesday night, some of the players had already started making plans on how to assure that Brandon Roy did not dominate them again.
"Obviously, our worst game of the series," Yao said. "Hopefully, next game, execution will result in our best game."
I'm not a linguist of any kind, but that sounds to me like it is slightly more of a threat than Eric Dampier's "I'll put Tony Parker on his back." I'm not sure how they do it in China, Yao, but here in the civilized world, executions are not part of our "NBA Cares" attempt at good citizenship. Snipers will obviously be in place at the next game to ensure that neither Yao nor his possy of oversized Asians tries to behead any Trailblazers. I would still keep my head on a swivel if I were Brandon Roy or Greg Oden though. I hear that Yao is a Shogun and well... Greg Oden is obviously a lower level ninja.

No comments:

Post a Comment